Recipe Addiction Pages

13.6.11

Yummy Bars

I got this recipe from a cookbook that my mother-in-law gave me. I decided last minute to take some treats to a bbq, and when I was looking through my recipe books this one sounded delicious! It was a HUGE hit- everyone loved it! Lucas's uncle said that it was "The best thing I have ever eaten in my life... I'm serious."  And I caught Lucas's little 7 year old cousin eating pieces the size of his hand more than once. :) Best of all, it was easy!

YUMMY BARS

You will need: Several graham crackers
1/2 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1 egg 
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 C coconut
1/2 C butter
3 Tbsp. instant vanilla pudding mix
2 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp. milk

Directions: Line and 8 inch square pan with graham crackers. In a suacepan, combine 1/2 C butter, brown sugar and egg and bring to a boil. (I was worried about the egg cooking and turning into scrambed eggs, but I just kept whisking and I had no problem.) After your mixture has come to a boil, take off heat and add the graham cracker crumbs and coconut. Pour and spread the mixture on the graham crackers. Cool in the fridge. Combine 1/2 C butter, instant pudding mix, powdered sugar, vanilla and mix. Mix until smooth and spread over cooled batter. Cut in to squares and ENJOY!

No comments: