Recipe Addiction Pages

16.6.11

French Breakfast Puffs

Have you ever had a recipe that you wanted to try the second you saw it? And did? Well, that is what I did today with these French Breakfast Puffs. I was looking for another recipe in our neighborhood cookbook, and saw this one. I quickly glanced over the ingredients to make sure I had all of them and 30 minutes later I was eating a delicious melt-in-your-mouth breakfast puff! When I first took them out of the oven I wondered if they would just taste like muffins, but they are even better in my opinion! Try them, you won't regret it!



French Breakfast Puffs
from the kitchen of Robin Manship

What you need:

1/2 C. shortening
3/4 C. sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 C. flour
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 c. milk
melted butter
1/2 C. sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon

Cream together shortening, sugar and eggs. Add remaining ingredients and put into greased muffin tins without papers. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Remove from tins and roll each muffin in melted butter, then in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Enjoy!

No comments: