Recipe Addiction Pages

23.8.11

Healthy Brownies??

Yep! You heard me right! As far as I can tell, these brownies are gluten free and pretty diabetic friendly. I usually cringe at the thought of making a delicious dessert "healthy," but these were great! The ingredients aren't things that I usually have on hand, but I could get them all at walmart, so they are pretty available. 





1 C dark chocolate chips (if you want to use a bar, it's about 6 ounces)
½ cup coconut milk (either canned, or I used some from "silk" that I got by the milk)
2 eggs
1 ¼ cups almond flour (got in the gluten free section at walmart)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened dried dates 
White chocolate chips (optional

Blend dates and coconut milk in blender until dates are broken up in small pieces. Melt dark chocolate chips and coconut milk mixture in a small saucepan over very low heat. When chocolate is completely melted, remove saucepan from heat. Stir eggs into saucepan containing chocolate/coconut milk mixture. Next, stir in almond flour, salt and baking soda. Grease an 8x8 baking dish
with oil of your choice. Pour batter into baking dish, then sprinkle with white chocolate chips over batter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool and serve.  Enjoy!

No comments: