Recipe Addiction Pages

7.12.12

Mushroom Barley Soup

Don't let the picture fool you. It might not look totally amazing, but it is! Even my sister-in-law who is t on the fence about mushrooms loved it! If you really hate them, this soup might not be your thing, but if you are at all okay with them, then give it a try. I don't think you will be disappointed!


Mushroom Barley Soup
adapted from Forks Over Knives Cookbook

Ingredients:
1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
2 medium carrots, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
2 Tsp. thyme
1 1/2 tsp. rosemary
5 cups Vegetable stock
3 cups cooked barley *
salt and pepper to taste

Place the onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms in a large pot and saute. Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and cook for another minute. Add the vegetable stock and cooked barley. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. 

*I cooked the barley in with the vegetables after I sauteed everything. I just added about 4-5 cups water along with 2 cups barley and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes. Either way will work!

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

eRecipe said...

I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!